Tuesday, June 9, 2009

One last comment about Alex Wong and Ryan Kasprzak

As I have mentioned before, it makes me crazy when people audition for the show when they know that they are not going to be able to be on it. I am of course talking about Alex Wong and his contract with the Miam Ballet City Ballet.

I didn't line up to vote when I was 17.  I wouldn't get auto insurance if I didn't have a car. And I certainly would not try out for a reality dance television show when I was under contract with another dance company. Come on! I am sure there are a few sympathizers out there, but not me. It makes me crazy when people do this stupid sh*t! 

On a lighter note, I really want them to ask Ryan back as a choreographer. What do you think? Good idea? It broke my heart when he said that the judges would probably not choose him because he was fat and bald. Especially because I was thinking to myself, "they are not going to choose him because he is fat and bald."

Let's cross our fingers that the producers ask him back! Unless the Miami City Ballet has already snatched him up...

2 comments:

  1. I was thinking about that last night actually that Ryan should do an old Hollywood return for one of the couples or as a group dance (preferably when it's a smaller group) I think he would be amazing at that. My only worry is that Tyse (sp?) would feel his toes were being stepped on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fallacy is that Alex's primary reason for going was to get on the show. He knew he was under contract, but because of it, he wasn't able to dance other styles in other dance studios. It's an exclusivity rule that's extremely restrictive. By auditioning for SYTYCD, he could try nearly every other major style without breaking his contract, and perhaps have an off-chance that the Miami City Ballet would allow him in the show.

    ReplyDelete