Friday, June 19, 2009

Goodbye Max and Ashley :(

Wow. I was not happy that Ashley and Max were the ones to go home. And by the look on his face, either was Max. If ever there was a contestant that I thought was going to open up his shirt and be strapped with explosives, it was Max.


Ashley should not have even been in danger. That was the first mistake. But Nigel was right, her solo was so weak. She stood on the stairs for half of it! There was about five seconds of actual dancing. I hate when people incorporate the stairs into their solos. There is not enough time for that, people!


When Max's solo started I thought, "Oh my God, he is wearing a sleeveless shirt with a vest and dancing to 'Footloose'." But then I really liked it and didn't think for one second that it would be him that went home. Especially because his routine with Kayla the first week was so outstanding. 


As far as who should have gone home, EVERYONE WAS SHOCKED when Vitolio and Asuka were safe. Did you see Randi and Melissa's faces? If not, go back and look for it. Their jaws were on the floor.


I wanted to add that I think Mary was totally right when she said Kayla has not taken a wrong stop. Could she win? I think her and Evan are the most flawless so far.


It this Season 6 Audition stuff too much for you? I have no idea what is going on. Ryan is auditioning yet also in the studio audience. Let's slow it down people. If a dancer makes it straight to Vegas when we are in LA, does it make a sound? I am confused. 


And now for a bunch of quick notes:

  • The Sonya song from choreography is in the trailer for "Year One!" The drums, the drums, the drums....
  • I thought Cat looked exquisite tonight. 
  • The Lil C montage was hilarious. 

Let's talk! I want to hear what you think....









3 comments:

  1. When he got the boot, Max was like a sad, sad puppy, which in turn made me tear up like a sad, sad puppy.

    (Due to maddening DVR issues, I did not get to see the performances this week.... but Louis Van Amstel choreographing?? That sounds kinda awesome - at least on DWTS he went beyond what that crowd could handle and really brought the intensity -- which makes him perfect for SYTYCD!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was out of town, but was Katie Holmes in this one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was not the Katie Holmes episode. Still waiting :)

    ReplyDelete