Thursday, June 11, 2009

First cuts...Xanax please!

Is it me, or did they stop doing the "so you think you can dance, dance, dance." Maybe it was just faint, but it sounded like they cut off the two extra "dances." Now I'm going to have to change the name of my damn blog! Thanks a lot.

I don't know how Cat does it. I feel horrible watching people on the chopping block. She must be super detached. I wonder if she can handle the pressure because she secretly hates all the dancers. Or, instead, maybe after the show she goes back stage and cries in her dressing room and writes everyone apology letters. 

Any who...

How was Karla safe! It looked like I choreographed her solo. I was having second hand embarrassment watching her. I think maybe she did not know about the solos and didn't have anything prepared. That is the only explanation.

Paris! I feel like I jinxed you by cursing your name these past few weeks. And now you are gone and I blame myself :(

Vitolio's criticism was a pack of lies. His solo was brilliant and strong and passionate. Of course he stayed, he is the man. Anyone that says "diarrhea moment" is the man.

And of course, I jinxed poor Tony who is going to have to listen to his father telling him he should have taken that lacrosse scholarship for the rest of his life. That is not going to be fun. 

Only one things is for sure. Being cut first sucks...

5 comments:

  1. Don't change the name of the blog! I noticed that the other day and it's arguably one of the very best parts :) And isn't it a signature part of the solos as well? If they take that away from the end how will the dancers know how to cue up their cute little finish??

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not too surprising Tony was cut. He barely made it to begin with. It was a gift that he was in the top 20. As for Paris, I wonder if she was a victim of the popularity contest since it's the audience who puts them in "danger". The judges didn't have much technical criticism for her except that she was just doing the steps. Winning means being the best dancer. But it also means being the best entertainer. Maybe she didn't have the special something. Or maybe she just wasn't that popular.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tony was cut because of his red pants. And the fact that he can't dance. And yes, the "dance, dance, dance" is a key part of the solos... and some people dance to that part, which is really awkward since it doesn't match their music. And re: Karla. Don't worry, she will be the next to be cut. I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree re: the girls. I thought Paris was the best one out of all three. Carla's solo was awful (what was that bit where she looked like she couldn't decide whether to keep her leg up or not? Obviously meant to be seductive/playful but totally messed that up), and her cha cha performance had no technique whatsoever - she was hot, and that was all. That messup where she dived and dropped surely couldn't have been part of the choreo - yet no one so far mentioned it!

    And Asuka...I would've had her going next. Whilst her technique seems pretty good, her "personality" is just pretentious and vulgar - I don't think I disliked anyone so much apart from Joy from Season 2. The "playfulness" is completely overdone and she needs to let people see some real her if she wants to stay in this competition.

    ReplyDelete