Thursday, July 30, 2009

So You Think We Can Vote For The Right People This Week?

I did not fully realize how crazy it was that Janette was gone until last night. She should have been there. She should have been in the top three girls. I think it also means a lot that the judges had to talk about it. How often do they lament on a person after they are gone?

At one point I was rooting for Jeanine. When she was with Philip and he was kind of bringing her down, I wanted her to do better. But now I am taking all of my frustration of Janette leaving out on her because I feel like she is in Janette's spot.

Jeanine and Ade's Samba was pretty good, but it was also a shade quick, it looked like they were rushing the dance. It was the epitome of Jeanine stepping in Janette's shoes and not being able to fill them. I was really happy with the choreography of the hip hop routine, and I think Ade looked awesome. However, I thought Jeanine was making a strange face the ENTIRE time. There is trying to look gangster and then there is just looking like you are mad about something. She pulled off the latter.

Melissa was surprisingly good at both her Broadway style routines with Evan. I think I would have predicted that she would be horrible in that genre. But she pulled it off, and well too. It seems Miss Melissa is really turning it up here in the final weeks and making a run for that title. Sadly, Evan just has to go. I don't want to say it's because he has the wrong look, but he just looked silly up there with Brandon and Ade during the boy's piece. I think he really fights to hold his own, but he is not on the same level as the other two.

It's about time Brandon and Kayla got put together! I loved their first piece. Loved it. Their two personalities and style of dance really worked well together. I think this is Kayla's best partner by far (I also just realized that historically, she always gets the worst partners). I love disco, so their second piece worked for me as well. However, I think it was Kayla's weakest dance yet. Which is almost a compliment, because it was still pretty good. But did she not look a little awkward? And there were definitely a few missteps here and there.

Final Prediction for who will go home tonight: Jeanine and Evan.

1 comment:

  1. sorry but I think Melissa was the one in Janettes place not Jeanine. I like Melissa and all but I still feel that Jeanine has the best solos, grown the most and has the best personality. It make me so frustrated that she has had her style ONCE! I would love to see her do a Mia Michaels routine. She would just KILL IT! As for Kayla, yeah, she's a good dancer and that's why she is still around but there is something about her I just can't stand. A cockiness, or the stereotype she just fits into, I'm not sure. Yeah, she does her dances well but sometimes I feel like she focuses on technique so much she can lose the connection she needs in the dance.

    I love Evan but it is time for him to go. Glad he made it this far but, yeah he needs to go. I really hope that we have a female winner this year. And I hope it's Jeanine!

    ReplyDelete