Thursday, July 9, 2009

1-888-Fan 'freaking' tastic!

Oh my God Pasha is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And he looked so cute in his neon coral shirt :) I was so elated to see Pasha that I did not even notice Anya! It wasn't until after the dance that I saw her in the audience. Love the blonde hair. Love it. 

I am so happy that we have gotten to the point where everyone does two dances each episode. And they are switching up the pairs! Things are really going to start heating up now.  

I am obviously petrified that Cat cut her hair, but I have a feeling it was just pinned up. Cat, please, don't scare me like that.
 
I was wondering how Ade and Melissa would fare with a disco, and I think Ade totally pulled it off. It is amazing how he is so light on his feet. Melissa did well, but I thought she looked a little unsure of herself and then I  was shocked when she fell at the end. It looked so unnecessary I was wondering if she did it on purpose.  As far as their second routine, it was beautiful, but it was pretty uninspiring. 

This is why Mia gets away with being a bitch, cause the girl can choreograph a routine. Her "Addiction" piece was so brilliant. And Kayla the Chameleon just embodied that character. There is nothing Kayla cannot do. Though Nigel was right when he said her hair is always covering her face. And of course, Kupono was super creepy and really helped make the piece amazing. And then I loved their Broadway piece! Kaya is so freakin' talented it's scary. Kupono was a little dull, but I am liking more than I ever did before.

Finally Jason and Caitlin found a routine they could dance too.  Which was not their first one because that was just okay. I am talking about the lyrical jazz routine that really showcased their talent. And did anyone else get a Simba and Nala vibe? It felt very "lion cubs rolling around" to me.   

Did that Russian folk dance really happen or did I dream that? Actually, I know it was real because I am re-watching it right now and laughing my butt off.  It was just slightly less ridiculous than the time they had the dancing Cat Deeley head.  Was it completely necessary to put blush on Phillip? Hahahaha. Thank God they got that jive that I loved! And a fun Bette song to go a long with it :)

The people I was with last night really liked that Randi/Evan hip hop, but I was not so impressed. Mainly because I get so bothered when they put the dancers in tapered jeans! And if Randi is supposed to be pregnant, why is Evan holding an engagement ring? The story was a bit confusing. I liked Tyce's comments about Evan.  He can, and needs to be stronger. He definitely has it in him to do a better hip hop.

And he can definitely do a better samba! Come on Evan, you are so great, you need to dig deeper. And Tyce was SO RIGHT when he told Evan that he needs to go back and watch Danny and Lacey's samba, because when they did it, it was red hot, and a personal favorite. I was actually just listening to "Hip Hip Chin Chin" the other day in the car and reminiscing fondly. 

Is there someone who does not adore and admire Wade Robson? Let him come forward, because I would love to hear someone think of one bad thing to say about Wade. The "Jewel Heist" routine was absolute lunacy, and absolutely perfect. And then he and his wife were in the audience wearing the white sun glasses! 

Brandon and Jeanette are such a fantastic couple, it will be shame to see them split up. Their first routine of the night was obviously well done and Nigel even gave them a standing ovation. And then they bust out something totally different with the Wade routine, and nail that as well. I agree with Tyce that they seem to just take effortlessly take whatever is given to them and turn it into something special. 

So, who goes home? This is not a tough one. If it is anyone other than Caitlin and Jason my head is going to explode. 

3 comments:

  1. I have to agree that I think Caitlin and Jason will go home. It's actually really sad for me. I had such HIGH hopes for them at the beginning of the season and I do think they are good dancers but week after week it's just been disappointment after disappointment. Their routines are either bad or okay. So I too will be surprised to see anyone else go home.

    Top Ten always makes me a bit nervous though. I know that it's "America's favorite dancer" but it doesn't mean they can judge good dancing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree, i think Caitlin and jason are headed home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Randi seemed to be really feeling the first hip hop routine - I think it was the music or something (certainly not the preggers part! how mean can these people be to her??) - either way she was great...

    So not a Kayla fan - she's crazy flexible, but I don't really get the appeal....

    I really like Caitlin, too - bummer that she is not wowing the judges :(

    If Jason doesn't go, I'll be shocked!

    ReplyDelete