Thursday, July 16, 2009

Nigel and Mary are Sleeping Together

 I have had my suspicions and now I am positive that Nigel and Mary are knocking boots. They are way to chummy these days. Always pawing at each other. They are like flirty school children. I think they might even be holding hands under the table. And that comment about hypnotizing Mary to take her clothes off? Keep an eye on those two, they are definitely getting naked together after the shows.

I liked the girls' Bollywood (BollyWOW!), but I was definitely scared by those masks with the mustaches. They could have left that out. I look forward to seeing those in my next nightmare.

As predicted, Kayla and Evan were a very weird couple. I did love the bit with putting Evan in heels. But "Kiss From a Rose?" I don't think Seal even liked that song. They always hate on the costume people, but no one ever talks about when they choose a totally lame song. 

I had a thought after I saw Kayla's solo. Are people going to vote for her? I think she might be the best and most versatile dancer on the show, but I don't know if people will pick up the phone for her. Of course,  I also thought Josh didn't have a chance in hell of winning last season, so I don't exactly have my finger on the pulse of America.

I think it is time for Evan to do a topless solo.

THE TRAVIS WALL PIECE WAS AMAZING. I knew Jeanine was going to be a star. And Jason was pretty impressive too...shocking! Okay, did they make out at the end? I tried to re-watch it but I kept looking away. I could not force myself to see if they were actually kissing because I was having serious second hand embarrassment. 

Kupono's solo was awesome. I honestly did not know he had it in him. But his Paso Doble really showcased his weakness. Randi was so much stronger than he was, and she was supposed to be a cape. He was a matador and she was a piece of cloth, and she came off as more masculine. NG. Not good.

The wig. Oh, sweet lord. The wig. Why did they put Randi in a Melissa wig? Was not the obvious choice to have a BLONDE wig? You could hardly tell it was Randi, which might be a good thing as the piece was a bit of a dud. If anything Melissa is going to lose votes because of it. 

It's interesting that Brandon got Melissa and Janette got Ade. It's like the just mixed up the two best couples.  I think Janette and Ade made the better pair. Even after all that talk about getting to know each other quickly, Melissa and Brandon did not seem to have all that much chemistry. And frankly, Melissa is just starting to annoy me. I'm glad Randi sabotaged her. The Aquarius routine was a bit of a yawn for me, with spurts of Brandon being ridiculously awesome.

What was with everyone saying that Janette had no funk? Let's be serious, she is a salsa dancer, funk can't be too far behind. It's not like we are talking about trying to get Evan to be funky while wearing a top hat and bow tie. They love trying to make us think a routine is going to be bad and then shocking us with how perfect it is. And I love Ade.

So, who goes home? It might be Kupono because of the Paso Doble. You know I love to hate on Jason, but his performance with Jeanine was the best one of the night (very "tour worthy") so he has to be safe. I also constantly fear for Evan, though his solo was beyond good.

The girls are a lot harder to predict. It could be Kayla because of her absence of a soul, but I hope not because she is just too good to go home at this point. I mean really, has she done one thing wrong this whole time? Randi is a different story. I swear to God that wig was like a death sentence. If you paired that wig with the Russian folk dancing you would get the biggest SYTYCD train wreck possible. 

My final prediction is Randi and Kupono.




3 comments:

  1. Kayla is definitely gifted, but I think the lack of soul issue really disqualifies her from being the best dancer -- I think Janette, Jeanine (all this weird name spelling...) and Melissa - who I thought was awesome with the Hair number - are all better dancers...

    What did you think of the African dance at the end?? I think the rehearsal footage of that showed some true colors --- Kupono is super feminine in his movement (= terrible Paso Doble) and Ade was owning it! LOVE him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I think I just pinpointed why I don't love Kayla -- I think she comes off as more of a contortionist than a dancer. There, I said it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been struggling on figuring out who my top two dancers are this season, I keep jumping back and forth on the dancer but I have to say that the best guy for me is Ade and the best girl (and I think my favorite) is Jeanine! Just thought I would put that out there.

    ReplyDelete