Friday, July 10, 2009

Happy 60th Birthday Nigel

Although I said my head was going to explode if anyone other than Caitlin and Jason went home, I am in fact fully intact today.Which I think is a sign of personal growth in the old anger/disappointment management department.

While I still think Jason is a mediocre dancer who never impresses me, I do not think it was totally out of line to have Phillip go home. I think if you go back and watch all of Phillip's performances, none of them where that good. I think I have known for awhile that he was barely passing, but I could not let myself admit it. He is just so damn likable that I would always concentrate on his partner and conveniently miss his shortcomings.

In true Phillip form, he made the greatest concession speech ever. That bit about not needing money and a studio if you have passion was heartwarming and eloquent. In retrospect, I wonder if they kept him around longer than he deserved so that he could be in the tour. Because he is exactly the type of person people want to see, and they could make a few really interesting numbers around him.

Not to go backwards here, but I forgot to mention that I absolutely loved the opening number. Good work NappyTabs. It was a really good "track," as Cat would say, and it held my attention a lot better than some of the previous show openers.

I wish they had told us who they new partners are going to be. Perhaps I will end by making a list of the craziest possible pairings:

Kayla and Evan
Randi and Brandon
Janette and Jason
Melissa and Kupono
Jeanine and Ade

No comments:

Post a Comment