Sunday, November 8, 2009

A Note To My Readers

The reason I write this blog is because I love the show "So You Think You Can Dance," and I wanted to create a forum where other people could share their thoughts on the show. 


I am not a dancer. I have never taken a dance class. I have never claimed to have any expertise about dance. But, I love dancing. Everything I write here is just one person's opinion. A non-expert opinion. I don't think you have to be an expert to have an opinion. I write about how the dances make me feel, not from a place of learned knowledge, but rather my gut reaction.  


This morning I deleted about four comments from this blog because of their incredibly mean spirited nature. I want debate and conversation and different opinions about dance, but there is absolutely no place for personal attacks on me, or anyone else who leaves comments. 


I hesitated before deleting the comments, because everyone is entitled to voice their thoughts, but then I removed them after deciding that I did not want that level of negativity and hate attached to my blog. However, I am going to re-post all the comments except for the one where an anonymous person calls me a "fat bitch." There is no place for that level of reckless hostility on my blog or anywhere else in the world.


I sincerely apologize if I have offended anyone with the things I have written. My intention has always been to share my love of the show, not make people angry. In the future I will make an attempt to be more sensitive about the things that I say. As far as typos and calling people the wrong name, that will never stop. I am a really bad proofreader, and I have a lot of trouble remembering people's names :)



1 comment:

  1. I respect any blogger who has a thoughtful opinion. Kudos

    ReplyDelete