Wednesday, November 11, 2009

More Tuesday Night

Karen/Kevin and Ashleigh/Jakob were both great dances. I was pleasantly surprised. And I think both of them are good couples as well as individuals. Kevin really needs to not wear his hair like that ever again, as he looks way to much like the car thief in "Adventures in Babysitting."

I have to say that I am not often moved by the dancer's personal stories, but I was totally moved by Peter talking about his work with people with special needs. That just speaks volumes about his character and I am really impressed. And then I loved his dance with Pauline. The costumes were adorable, they looked great together, and I thought that they really pulled off a good quick step. Interestingly enough, Nigel pointed out how it was not a technically well performed quick step, but he acknowledged that the overall performance was a success. 

I was thinking this morning about why I like Legacy when it seems like a lot of other people don't. And I was wondering if it's because I never like the person who wins, I never pick the winner, and Legacy feels like a good person to back if I want to have at least one season where my favorite dancer wins. On the other hand, he is getting a lot attention right now, and is running the risk of peaking too early.

As far as Legacy's routine, clearly I loved it. I mean really loved it. And I thought Kathryn was very good. I don't know if she deserved all the criticism she got. Oh! I just had a thought. At around this point last season, Phillip and Jeanine did a very similar Broadway at a time when Phillip was all people talked about and Jeanine was completely under the radar. Conclusion: Kathryn is going to win.

All I can say about Ryan and Ellenore is that it should have been a train wreck and it was not. Not even close. But it was not awesome. But we have definitely seen people fall harder when out of their element. 

Eeek. What happened to Mollee and Nathan? I hope they don't go home over this bc I see a lot of potential in both of them.  It almost seemed like nerves rather than that they could not handle the dance. They just looked a bit uncomfortable out there.

I can't believe Russell and Noelle did the African Anteater Ritual. But man did they rock it. Not as well as Patrick Dempsey did, but they rocked it. 

3 comments:

  1. It's the African Anteater Ritual!! Best call ever.

    I think also maybe the blogger likes Legacy bc he's arguably hot? That's been know to blind a viewer or two in the past. At the beginning of the routine I was thinking Legacy is terrible, he's just sitting there and Kathryn is busting out amazing dancing (I could really care less what her "character" was supposed to be as long as she dances well). And then the judges went crazy for him! Fix? Possibly...

    And for whatever reason I had the opposite reaction to the Philip story! I think it's really great work that he does, but I got the vibe that he was selling it a little too hard as really great work.

    I think Channing might be my favorite at the moment for whatever that's worth. About to watch the results on dvr..

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^^ Whoops, by Philip I meant Peter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's all good. You know how I am with names :)

    And yes, Legacy is not too hard on the eyes....

    ReplyDelete