Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Death to Nappy Tabs (insert skull and cross bones symbol here)

Noelle & Russell: Wow, I really expected Noelle's dancing to be as stupid as her personality, but it was not at all! I was so impressed with her (besides her really bad "Matrix" move and aerial cartwheel). But I could not take my eyes off her.  I watched Noelle way more than Russell. As far as Shankman's comments; I am not sure he had a cohesive thought in there. I'm pretty sure it was the coke and/or acid talking. Not one thing he said made sense. Love you, Shanky, keep it coming.


Ashleigh &  Jakob: Perhaps the first ballroom I have enjoyed watching. Okay, I am sure that is not true. But I usually see Tony and Meredith and then get ready to not like the next dance. But this time they rocked it. And by they, I am mean Ashleigh and Jakob, because those kids have talent. I love that originally Ashleigh's husband was carrying her, because she has completely come into her own. 


Bianca & Victor: Ummm, I did not like it. It felt slow. Was that the choreography, or them? I think that I am really prejudiced against Bianca because I don't think she can reach beyond tap, though I would not mind being proved wrong. I think Victor might have danced okay, but I was mostly watching Bianca and thinking about how being good in one genre of dance does not make you more capable in others.


Mollee & Jason: Of all the weird things that have been pointed out about people's behavior on this show, nothing quite stands out like Mollee's need to go to the bathroom a lot. There is just something so wrong with the sight of her raising her hand to be dismissed to go to the restroom while someone is trying to teach her choreography.


Bollywood? More like Bollyboring. That was uninteresting and not even in the right style. If they had no been dressed as they were with beads and scarves, I might not have even guessed the genre. Not good. YET, the judges did not have enough good things to say. Which is either bc 1) They are trying to promote Bollywood as an acceptable style of dance on this show, or 2)They are trying to promote Mollee and Jason. Because that routine was mediocre at best.


Channing & Phillip: Do you hear it? Do you hear it coming? I think it is...I think it might be...yes, it's a TRAIN WRECK! Nice try guys, loved the enthusiasm, love you guys as a pair, but how could we not notice all the hiccups? As the judges said, it was a real struggle. They were cautious and slow and then still messed up. And I think Phillip might look like he is in his 50's. Note: When Nigel says that the color of your costume "really suits you," he is struggling... struggling for a compliment.


Karen & Kevin: Death to Nappy Tabs. I'm just going to say it. I am tired of this sh*t. I am sick and tired of this boring hip hop. At first I thought I was just anti-Nappy Tabs because they look like they should both be teaching Middle School Earth Science and not choreographing hip hop, but I am over that. Too many of their routines suck. Bring back Lil C, bring back Shane Sparks, do anything, just stop relying on this played out, watered down, over hyped, need to be "has been," choreography team. And they wear hats too often. 


I have no comment on the dancers. 


Kathryn & Legacy (the criers): Legacy has such control over his body, I don't know if there is anything he can't do. Never has someone transformed from a break dancer to a contemporary dancer so quickly (and Shanky is saying this exact same thing right now, but let the record show that I was already writing it). And Kathryn was pretty damn good too. I guess there is a correlation between dance ability and number of tears shed per day. But again, Legacy, I love you, you are amazing. 


Pauline & Peter: "Imagine there was an earlier draft of Van Gogh's 'Starry Night,' and in that earlier draft he painted people. This number is about those discarded people coming back to torment Van Gogh." Wade Robson, I would expect nothing less from you. Nothing.


And yet the dance sucked. And so I blame the dancers. I think Peter blows. If this had been Brandon and Jeanette, it would have been off the chain. But I don't think these two could handle it. AGAIN, I don't think the tappers are going to do well on this show.  


Ellenore & Ryan: I'm torn between thinking it was awesome and thinking Ellenore was too slow (before her dress got caught in her shoe). But like Shanky said, maybe it was not slowness, but a controlled stillness. Again, I am torn. Ryan is money. Ryan shined in this piece. But I have a feeling that the "Ryan is God" mentality is going to fade quickly once he gets something out of his comfort zone. Like, say, hip hop....


BOTTOM FOUR:

The bottom four is bull sh*t. Noelle did so much better than Channing. How far do our memories go back? Channing was the one who struggled through her entire routine while the rest of America had second hand embarrassment. 


Noelle's solo was solid and Bianca's felt desperate. Victor is forgettable, and Phillip is memorable, but mostly because his face has become annoying. 


If there is any justice in the world, Bianca will go home. As far as the boys, um, I don't really care.


FINAL ELIMINATIONS:


It was Bianca's time. Especially since Nigel started pronouncing her name in the most ridiculous way possible.


So long Phillip. I loved you briefly before I realized your attitude sucked. 


Oh God, Phillip is talking about his father's funeral right now. This has not been his week.




9 comments:

  1. 100% agree: brandon and jeannette would have done that van gogh piece so much better.
    -soumya

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sorry you are a Phillip and Bianca hater. I found Phillip's partner to be boring and not fluid. Bianca is a great tapper. I did not find any of the dance numbers to night to be interesting or worthy of a second look. I deleted the show from my TIVO. We like to save them and go back and look at the ones we enjoyed. Not this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Show is headed for a BLACK OUT. All the black dancers will go in the next 3 weeks or so and then we will stop watching the show. And we will be forced to watch terrible attempts of HIP HOP. Won't be watching. The Hip Hop is bad enough witht he black folks doing it. Well we have Obama and I and damn glad about that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delete my comments if you want, but the fact is, your lack of dance knowledge is evident.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also reported your blog to Google for defamation. You won't be so cocky when you have no blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Anonymous,
    Relax. I follow this blog because I enjoy the writers quirky writing more so than his/her expertise on dance. There is a place on the show for the real "judges" of dance. This writer never claimed to be of superior dance knowledge.

    Can't wait for this weeks show!

    Anonymous (#2)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one of the golden rules of defamation law: opinions are not actionable. The tort of defamation consists of harming a person's reputation, by making false statements of fact about that person. Note that key word: "fact." This means that statements of personal opinion are by and large safe from defamation claims.

    Let me give you an example. Saying someone’s dance was slow, is an opinion. Telling someone they are a fat bitch, is defamation of character. You better have some evidence that this girl is indeed fat, and a bitch, or you might be the one who ends up in Google jail. Just a polite warning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAHAHAHH GOOGLE JAIL!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aside from that, you can also save our Mother Earth from the destruction of global warming.
    They need only ten to thirty percent as much power as C7s or C9s.

    However, my husband had a little trouble tightening the screw on the solar
    panel, so it tended to slip to less than an optimal angle.


    Here is my web-site - LED Wandleuchten

    ReplyDelete