Wednesday, August 5, 2009

New Idea for Voting

Judging by the final four, the show clearly needs to revamp the way dancers are eliminated.

Idea #1, Don't let the public vote
Why is America deciding in the first place? I get the whole concept of "America's favorite dancer," but I just cannot believe that is actually what is happening. What if there is a correlation between bad taste, and the number of times a person is willing to call and vote for a dancer? I think that is the only way you can explain Janette and Ade leaving. Why not leave it to the experts so that the person who wins actually deserve it.

Idea # 2, Paying to vote against someone
Another way to counteract bad dancers going forward is to allow people to vote against someone. For example, if you are unsure if you like Melissa better than Kayla, yet you know you really want Jeanine to go home, you could vote AGAINST Jeanine. In this scenario, a bad vote against you would take away five votes for you. You could control excessive bad votes by attaching a fee. So if you really dislike someone, you can put a dent in their numbers, but its going to cost you $1.50.

2 comments:

  1. I love your corelation thesis! Hilarious, and quite possible true! How, how, HOW could Jeanette have gone home??!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, Nigel said it best last night when he explained that it is America's favorite, not best, dancer. Hence Jeanette's departure. I do think you are on to something with your correlation theory. Albeit funny, I think you might be 100% correct. Hence why the crowd started shouting "Evan" in unison. Did Ellen set the crowd up to do that? That was beyond weird, especially since I didn't even remember him dancing in that routine... was it even a solo? I could close my eyes and see Evan's solo. Seen it a million times. Never changes. But in his defense, I do like his eyes.

    ReplyDelete