Thursday, December 17, 2009

And America's Favorite Dancer is...Russell

Sorry about the hiatus. I think the back to back seasons wore me out. My apologies.

So this is a first. The person I wanted to win actually won, but then after he won I was upset. Can we talk about Russell's performance last night?

First off, I never bought it for one second. I think Russell knew that he was going to win (he had that cocky glint in his eye two nights ago that Jeanine had right before she won) and it started to freak him out, so he manifested this leg injury. Why, you might ask. It's hard to say, the mind is a strange place. I am guessing so that if he didn't win he could somehow blame it on his injury. Obviously, the votes had already been cast. Which is exactly why I started thinking that Russell was one strange dude.

Then he won. And he took off his shirt. And he jumped around on his "bad leg". And then Cat had to pull him off the floor. It was a combination of a World Cup game winning goal, Academy Award speech, and touchdown dance. I did not like it. I was having full blown second hand embarrassment. I had to hide in my kitchen for most of it.

2 comments:

  1. Remember when Sabra won and there was like .2 seconds between Cat saying her name and the show being over? Maybe now we know why... I think that emotional exhaustion maybe had something to do with the wackiness (and total personality shift, no?)... But I do think the injury was legit, maybe just not as bad as he thought it was at first...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do they normally show the runner-ups highlight reel? I feel like Jakob got kicked to the curb. But maybe they do that every time.

    ReplyDelete