Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Top 20- Monday Night

Monday night? When did this happen? Thank god for DVR or I would have totally missed this episode.

Loved the Wade opening piece. Maybe just because it was a Wade piece :) But really, it was well done and it does look like there are a lot of good dancers (whose names I do not know yet).

I must say it is an EXCELLENT idea to have one night where they pair up people in their own styles to show off their stuff. Let's let people show off before humiliating them with a 
Russian folk dance.

Hip Hop--
Krump: Russell
Pop n Lock: Kevin
B-Boy:Legacy (who I constantly refer to as "Legend by accident")

Thank you  Nappy Tabs. Thank you. Last season's hip hop sucked so badly, and this first piece was amazing. I was all kinds of into it. And by the way, I love Legacy. I cried during his audition speech the last week in Vegas. 

Contemporary--
Nathan: Barely legal kid
Arianna: Forgettable girl
Jacob: Kind of cute white guy
Channing: Boston ice cream scooper

I am just never going to like Channing. And she is in for weeks of ridicule for "not being graceful" AKA "muscular" AKA "a man." They should give her Randi's telephone number for support.

Nathan and Jacob are kind of amazing. I mean really amazing. I haven't seen a contemporary male dancer worth watching since Danny in Season 3, and its about time. 

Tappers--
Peter: Last guy you would expect to be tap dancing
Bianca: "I'm not one to come back 3, 4 times. I am done with SYTYCD..."
Phillip: Guy with attitude problem during auditions

I feel like the tappers have an elitist snobbery going on. Maybe that is because they are the minority. I don't know. But I am not liking the attitude. SPEAKING OF, remember when Phillip had a little meltdown in Vegas and talked back to the judges? Not good. Of course now that I don't like him, he will end up winning. 

And I am also not over Bianca's temper tantrum at last season's auditions where she said she was never coming back. That was not cool. Either was her weird 3/4 jumping split during her routine. 

Jazz--
Mollee: 18 going on 11
Pauline: Love her
Ellenore: Don't know her yet

I hate to say it, but Mollee can dance. She really can. Ellenore looked like she took a Valium before the routine. And Pauline brought it. But, would we call that sexy? No, we would not. It was cute and flirty, but not sexy. Nice try Sonya.

Contemporary--
Victor:  Who?
Noelle: OMG, it's Mollee's BFF
Billy: Hair gel, Proactiv, Crest White strips... STAT
Katherine: The crier

Besides the fact that they need to burn those saturday afternoon picnic costumes and that autumnal backdrop, I really liked the dancing. In particular, I could not take my eyes off Billy. I was also pretty impressed with Victor. Kind of outshone the girls on this one. 

Ballroom--
Karen: Venezuelan J-Lo
Ryan: Married couple guy
Ashleigh: Married couple girl

I am not sure why Karen made it. I was never that impressed with her. Ashleigh impresses me more and more each time. One thing is for sure; there will be a cat fight (if not murder) over Ryan's affection. 





No comments:

Post a Comment